You are here:
Back to the 90s at Birmingham New Street (new date)
- * Date changed in anticipation of a new version of the sim that fixes the bugs *
As a perview of Pascal's forthcoming 1990 timetable for New Street I'll be hosting a session or two. We will start at 0000 on a Friday.
This timetable is extremely complex and with assorted sim bugs to work round makes for a "challenge". There are only four panels available, so priority will be given to more experienced players. If there are a lot a people in the queue I will try and rotate people every so often. This might not be in queue order.
We will be using Skype for communications - it is compulsory to use voice not text. I will not assign you a panel until you have joined the Skype channel. I will post the link to the Skype channel before we start. You don't need to have Skype installed on your device for the libnk to work.
* Read. The. Timetable!
* Read. The. Sim. Manual. https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=simulations:newstreet
* Read the timetable and the notes on each train. The notes are especially important for the Centre Signalman as they give extra information about stopping positions and activities.
* If something doesn't work inform the host. This includes both trains and signals.
* Look out for overlap setting buttons (grey triangles with purple labels). These are explained in the sim manual.
* Read the timetable
* If trains are more than a couple of minutes early at Grand Jn or Proof House Jn, liaise with the Centre Signalman to ensure that the train doesn't get in the way of something else.
* Several trains are booked to run on the Grand Jn Line so pay attention at Aston.
* Trains may use unexpected platforms at International, especiallty those that terminate. Read the timetable carefully
* Several trains are booked to run on the Grand Jn Line so pay attention at Stetchford.
* There are lots of engine changes, runrounds and assorted shunting moves. Read the timetable and notes carefully so you know what bit of which train is going where. This is especially important mid-morning when you have up to three engine changes happening at once. Sticky notes are invaluable here.
* At start-up there are trains in certain sidings. Check F2 so you know what is hiding where.
* Check carefully which reversing point to use for engines, especially at the north end. Remember that there are short routes to LOS at both ends of the station. Be careful so you don't give yourself a Mexican!
* Some shunt routes may not work as expected. You need to use via buttons, as with main signals) and generally use the red arrows and entry/exit buittons.
* Don't change platforms unless you really have to.
* All of the main aspect signals, and some shunt routes, at New St station have 120 second timneouts. If you are joining trains you should cancel the mid-platform signal in plenty of time.
* Some trains may not be quite where the track circuits say they are (especially right in the middle of the platforms) so you may need to use the call-on signal in the middle of the platform to get the trains to join correctly.
* The interlocking is very fussy, especially about via buttons.
* Don't give the Stourbridge slot too early as it locks up Galton Jn.
* Some of the routes around Soho and Perry Bar Jns have some very inconvenient overlaps, so be careful when setting routes in this area.
* The auto button on NS82 (Proof House Jn) does not work,.
* Signal NS29 (Birmingham Intl) won't clear into an occupied platform so trains need to be instructed to pass the signal at Danger.
* Signals 242, 238,224 (route from Holiday St Tunnel to platform 5) will not clear for the route into p5. Trains need to be instructed to pass each signal at Danger. The routes work for other platforms.
* Some timetables for stopping trains from Stourbridge may not step up correctly.
- Simulations in use
Log in to see address and port details
Birmingham New Street
21/07/2021 at 01:07
21/07/2021 at 12:32
Subscribe - Subscribe to
KymriskaDraken 's games
Join - Indicate that you intend to join this game
Tentative - Indicate that you might join this game
Back to List
21/07/2021 at 18:49
Gutted I can't make this one but would love to get involved if future sessions are required.
21/07/2021 at 22:16
I will not be there for 17:00 but I try to get in game as soon as I can probably between 17:30 and 18:00
22/07/2021 at 15:45
Skype channel link: